Smartphones have made it so easy to take pictures that most of us have thousands stored on our computers, tablets and phones. Add videos, documents, music and other downloads and it can easily turn into a digital mess. WD My Cloud helps you organize your media, and more importantly, protects and saves it all on your own cloud.
Once you back up your digital media to WD My Cloud, you can free up more space on your hard drive. And you can also send your pictures and more from your tablets and phones, and free up needed space there also. With all that extra room you can KEEPITCOMING™, because you will always have room for more.
1. The first thing you do is connect My Cloud to your wireless network.
2. There are multiple instruction guides – However, I recommend using The Learning Center website, which has all the downloads and how-to’s in easy to understand language, instead of the Quick Installation Guide below.
2. Go to http://mycloud.com/setup, the welcome page, to set up your account. If you have any problems at all, tech support it wonderful.
3. Fill in your name, email, create a password and you are set. You can add additional users also.
4. You then download the WD Sync Software and you are ready to start saving, storing, organizing and protecting you digital media with your WD My Cloud.
Setup for Mobile Devices for WD My Cloud:
1. First you download the the My Cloud apps for iOS or Android.
2. Sign in using the password you created above. If it doesn’t work when you sign in, click “Connect to local device” under Sign in and then on the new page, at the top, you should see Available Devices, and WDMyCloud in it. Tap that and enter you password there. Then you are all ready to go.
Using WD My Cloud – Favorite Features
While some aspects of setting up My Cloud were not as intuitive as I would have liked, using My Cloud is as easy as can be. It is basically just drag and drop. And if you have accounts for each family member, you can set it up so that you can access each other’s accounts, which makes it so much easier to share photos and videos. My husband takes most of the vacation photos and I have to keep reminding him to send them to me. Now I can just go in to his cloud to see them.
Saving and Protecting
To me, one of the biggest benefits of having my own cloud, is to make sure I don’t lose anything the next time I upgrade to a new computer. No matter what I have done in the past, I’ve always lost some of my digital media. With My Cloud, this should be the first time that won’t happen. Make sure it doesn’t happen to you.
The best part is that once you buy this product, you never have to pay monthly fees, like you do with cloud storage services. And My Cloud comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
And since WD My Cloud comes in 2, 3, 4, and 6 TB capacities ( at prices of 149.99, $179.99, $219.99 and $319.99) you should never run out of space. So that means you can KEEPITCOMING™ because you will have plenty of space to store all your digital media. You can get your very own WD My Cloud here. And it will be nicely organized.