Checkout new tech giveaway: Big Giveaway: WD Router, Media Player and Cloud Storage Devices
I switched from using cable for my TV and Internet needs to Verizon FIOS a few years ago, and I couldn’t be happier about that decision. I already wrote 5 Reasons I Love Verizon FIOS last year. This post is here to tell you all about the My FiOS app (including other related FiOS apps) and give you a chance to win a brand new iPad 3.
The My FiOS app is available for the iPhone, iPad (itunes) and android (Google Play store) platforms. I am writing about my experience with the Apple apps, but the android is mostly the same.
When you download the My FiOS app, you will also want to download the FiOS Mobile and Media Manager apps. Those two apps will then work right through My FiOS and you can do everything all from one app.
What can you do with the My FiOS app? The answer would be shorter if I said, what can’t you do? With this app you can:
- Check our Verizon FiOS account – check your plans, update your profile, report problems and so much more.
- My Bill – View and pay your FiOS bill and check your payment history.
- Support – get help with any FiOS problem you are experiencing
- Control My Home – If you have Verizon Home Monitoring and you download the Home Monitoring app, you can control it through My FiOS.
- TV & Movies on Demand – See what is available On Demand before you even turn on your TV. Browse and search for TV and movies, see what’s hot and review your history. (this is one of my favorite app features)
- My Music, Photos and Videos (media manager) – Add to your FiOS library
- My TV and DVR (mobile) – Browse TV listings, control your DVR and TV and setup parental controls.
Full Disclosure: I am working as an ambassador for Verizon FiOS and am being paid for writing a series of posts, this being the first. I also received a free iPad 3.
See also: 25 Days of Christmas Music and FiOS Holiday Giveaway