Since I began blogging, five years ago, I have attended many conferences. Luckily, living in NYC, some have been local and other have required me to fly cross country and stay at hotels. No matter how many people I met and how much I learned about blogging, I often felt that I spent more money than I should have and came away exhausted to boot.
The Blog Workshop is an online blogging conference, the first that I can recall. What are the benefits of attending:
- No travel at all. Even when I attended conferences in my own city, I still had to get around, often in rain or hot humid weather.
- No need to worry about clothes or Shoes! You can attend in your PJs or whatever you are most comfortable in.
- No sitting on floors in overcrowded conference rooms or trying to juggle your laptop and iphone while you take notes and tweet.
- No eating horrible conference hall food or looking for restaurants that will be overpriced.
- No getting a terrible night’s sleep in a strange noisy hotel room, especially if you bunk with roommates to save money.
- No worrying about plane delays or cancellations and missing part of the conference.
- No lugging around heavy gadgets all day long.
- Blogging Back to Basics
- From Blogger to Bloggerpreneur
- Preparing Yourself for Advertising and Pitching to Brands/Advertisers/Sponsors
- Knowing How to Handle Media Requests and Build Relationships with Media
- Advertising vs. Affiliate Marketing
- Other Ways to Monetize Your Blogging Efforts
What do you get by registering and virtually attending The Blog Workshop? You get the six sessions above, given by experienced speakers, over a three day period, so you don’t have to cram in too much at once. You also receive Resource Lists, Giveaways and a Blog Workshop Tee. And you get the gift of getting great blogging advice from the comfort of your own home.
Full Disclosure: I am attending the conference for free for my post. However, all opinions are my own and I would not have accepted this offer if I did not think this conference was worthwhile.