Many of us are not as charitable as we could be just because we don’t know where or how we should be giving. Thanks to Jennifer Iacovelli and her new book, Simple Giving: Easy Ways To Give Every Day, that should no longer be an issue for anyone who reads it.
I have been part of the Global Team of 200, along with Iacovelli, for the past two years. We are a group of women bloggers who raise awareness of issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health. My favorite part of writing about these issues is that I know they are important and that they are causes that I want to help and can recommend others helping.
But how else do I decide how to give of my time or money? That is where Simple Giving: Easy Ways To Give Every Day comes in. After discussing the psychology of giving, Iacovelli maps out six giving models:
- Everyday Acts of Kindness – These can range from simply smiling or holding a door open for others, to bringing someone dinner or babysitting for free.
- A New Approach to Traditional Philanthropy
- Shopping with a Conscience – This includes shopping locally, fair trade products, products that give back, environmental impact and more.
- Taking Action on your Passion – If there is a cause that you are passionate about, do more than donating. Maybe even start your own charitable non-profit.
- Giving as a Business Model
- Giving it Forward
In each of these six chapters, Jennifer not only fully explains each giving model, she also includes examples and steps that you can take to give. There are so many resources in each chapter that it will be simple to find where or how to do any act of giving you want to do. Here are examples of just a few of the fabulous resources I found in Simple Giving:
I love Simple Giving: Easy Ways To Give Every Day by Jennifer Iacovelli, because she gives the reader so many options to do something good. And then she gives us the resources to find out how or where to do it. She really does make it simple to give.
Full Disclosure: I was given this book for free to review. This in no way impacted my review in any way!