Did you know that not having enough playtime as a child can cause physical, intellectual, social, and emotional harm. That is why it is important that all children have access to play areas. Kaboom is a nonprofit whose mission is to make sure that there is a playground in every community.
Just as I believe that playing video games has many benefits, Outdoors active play has many other benefits. Kids should experience them all. To help create play spaces everywhere, Kaboom:
- Constructs innovate play spaces
- Shares knowledge and tools needed for others to construct or repair playspaces
- Builds a movement towards this goal
- Sign up on Kaboom and Pledge to save play
- Host a Play Day to help advocate for all communities to have adequate play spaces
- Volunteer for a local project
- Read Kaboom’s Play Day blog to learn more about the issues
- Use tools and resources from Kaboom to build a playground
Thanks to my involvement with the Global Team of 200 (A highly specialized group of Mom Bloggers for Social Good members who focus on maternal health, children, hunger, and women and girls) I receive information on causes like this to share. Please check out other posts from the Global Team of 200 on this and other issues.