As all the May season and series finales are winding up, I am reminded of the ending of my favorite TV show of all time, Lost. When it ended I was worried that I’d never see the actors that played my favorite characters again. And if I did see them in other parts, how would I compare them to their Lost characters?
Whether or not Lost, on its own, was the best, can be debated. But as the first TV series that was played out just as much through online discussions as it was by watching it, to me, it will always be the best because of its uniqueness. And, its wonderful characters.
What each of the 14 starring cast members from Season one of Lost are up to now:
1. Matthew Fox (Jack Shepard) – With no intentions of working in TV again he has been in a few movies. You will be able to see him this summer in the blockbuster apocalyptic zombie film, World War Z starring Brad Pitt.
2. Evangeline Lilly (Kate Austen) – She appeared opposite Hugh Jackman in Real Steel and is part of the Peter Jackson Hobbit trilogy playing a new character, Elf Tauriel, not from The Hobbit book.
3. Josh Holloway (Sawyer) – After appearing in small parts in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and Five, a Lifetime movie about Breast Cancer, and a great guest starring turn in Community, Josh Holloway is coming back to TV, starring in his own drama series! I can’t wait. Unfortunately, CBS is going to make me wait, because his new series, Intelligence, is set to start mid season. But on the bright season, airing on CBS, it has a much better chance of being a success than on any other network.
4. Terry O’Quinn (John Locke) – O’Quinn has been one of the busiest actors of the Lost alumni. Since Lost he starred in a Lifetime movie, Taken From Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story, was a semi-regular for a season of Hawaii Five-0, appeared in a few episodes of Falling Skies and starred in the ill-fated series of 666 Park Avenue. I watched him in all of the above and can’t wait to see what he will do next.
5. Yunjin Kim (Sun) – After starring in a few South Korean films, we will all get the chance to see her on TV beginning June 3rd on the new summer drama Mistresses, about four female friends and illicit and complex relationships.
6. Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) – Monaghan starred in the Lost-like TV series Flash Forward, which unfortunately only last one season. He currently stars in a travel adventure series on BBC America, Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan.
7. Jorge Garcia (Hurley) – Jorge has also been extremely busy. He starred in the series Alcatraz which also was cancelled after one season. However, he has been a semi-regular in season two of Once Upon a Time (which if you aren’t already watching, you should be. It is written by the writers from Lost). He also had a fantastic guest starring role in How I Met Your Mother among his TV guest appearances.
8. Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) – Kim jumped directly from his role on Lost to his role as Chin Ho Kelly on Hawaii Five-0. I guess he loved living in Hawaii or just didn’t want to move. It was great seeing him work with Terry O’Quinn again during his time on the show. On Hawaii Five-0, Kim’s character married a woman played by Reiko Aylesworth, who played Amy Goodspeed of the 1970s Dharma Initiative on Lost.
9. Emilie de Ravin (Claire) – After co-starring in the movie Remember Me with Robert Pattinson, last year Emilie became a regular on the TV series Once Upon a Time.
10. Ian Somerhalder (Boone) – Although it was sad to see Boone go so early in Lost, Somerhalder found much greater fame starring in The Vampire Diaries than he ever would have in Lost. And he is also much better playing bad boy Damon than sweet Boone. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It isn’t just for teenage girls. It has more in common with Buffy than you might think.
11. Harold Perrineau (Michael Dawson) – Perrineau starred in a TBS series Wedding Band this past winter but it was cancelled after 10 episodes. He also appeared in the film Zero Dark Thirty.
12. Naveen Andrews (Sayid) – He appeared in 7 episodes of a UK TV series, Sinbad. However he has a starring role in an upcoming movie about the last two years of Princess Diana’s life. Diana, starring Naomi Watts in the title role, focuses on Diana’s relationship with heart surgeon, Hasnat Khan, played by Naveen.
13. Maggie Grace (Shannon) – Since Lost, Grace has had many small parts in TV and movies and co-starred with Liam Neeson in the Taken films.
14. Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) – Since Walt grew out of his role on Lost, he has had some small parts in movies and guest spots on TV. He is now a regular on a Teen Nick TV series, Gigantic.
Of the other stars of Lost, Michael Emerson (Ben) stars in Person of Interest and Alan Dale (Widmore) and Titus Welliver (Man in Black) guest star in almost everything. Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliette) starred in the cancelled V and is currently in Revolution and Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) was a regular on the first season of Scandal.
If you enjoyed this, please sign up to receive regular updates:
Your email address:
Powered by FeedBlitz