Many awards are given out at the International CES each year. One of the award shows that is fun and interesting to parents is the Kids At Play interactive awards, also known as the KAPis. Each year the panel of judges look to find the most innovate use of technology in children’s toys in a number of categories.
You can actually feel like you were at the show as I took very short videos at the presentation of each award. I only recorded the description of the winning toy or app and the video and pictures on the screen. There are no speeches to sit through. Each video is about 30 seconds so I highly recommend watching them to learn a little about these award-winning products. You can also click on the links for more information.
1. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Innovation – Neos by PlayWorld Systems (Playground systems)
2. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Best App for Younger Children – StoryBots by JibJab Media
3. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Best App for Older Children – The Human Body by Tinybop
4. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Best Tech Leverage Toy – Furby Boom by Hasbro
5. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Best Video Game Software – Disney Infinity by Disney Interactive Studios
6. 2014 KAPi Award Winner for Best Pioneering Team – Touch Press (coffee table books)
7. 2014 KAPi Award Winner Best Educational Technology – Hopscotch by Hopscotch Technologies (coding app for kids)
What do you think of these winners? Do you have any of these interactive toys or apps in your home? Do you now plan on purchasing any of these toys for your kids?
Stay tuned for much more on what I saw and learned at the 2014 International CES. And make sure you check out some of my favorite gadgets from CES on my other blog Technology at Any Age.