Having an iPad keyboard attachment is a necessity to me. I no longer have a fully functioning laptop and now use a desktop computer at home. For travel I use my iPad. So I was so happy to receive a Brydge iPad keyboard attachment to review.
Other iPad Keyboard Attachments
I’ve tried other keyboards in the past. I’ve use the Apple keyboard which is a stand alone keyboard. I quickly found out that this was a problem, because I am often using my iPad on my lap in an auditorium setting. Then I bought one of those cases with an iPad keyboard inside. While it worked well, it was very heavy and bulky. The came The Brydge, the iPad Keyboard attachment to revolutionize the genre.
How Does the Brydge Ipad Keyboard Attachment Work?
The Brydge keyboard attaches to your iPad using patent-pending hinges. You click in your iPad into the hinges and it is held securely. You then have a full range of motion as to the angle of the iPad and can then completely close it as you would a laptop. When closed it resembles a MacAir. Watch this video to see how amazing the Bridge is:
What else should I know about The Bridge
1. The Brydge works with iPads 2,3 and 4.
2. There are 3 versions of The Brydge:
- Brydge+: The top of the line. Anodized aluminum keyboard with built-in Bluetooth® speakers ($199.99) (Available
- Brydge+ Speakerless: Features the same aluminum body, keyboard and hinge design as the Brydge+, but does not include the built-in Bluetooth® speakers ($169.99)
- Brydge: Same functionality as the Brydge+ with built-in Bluetooth® speakers, however, this model is made out of a sturdy polycarbonate composite ($99.99) (This is the keyboard I received to review)
3. It connects easily through Bluetooth.
4. When you close the iPad against The Bridge iPad keyboard attachment, it will go to sleep just as it does with any other iPad cover.
5. The Brydge also works as a stand.
6. The Brydge comes with a micro USB cable for charging.
I think that I finally found the perfect solution to turning my iPad into a laptop when I’m on the road. I might even keep the keyboard attached when I’m at home because it is then a stand. I first saw the Brydge and CE Week NYC 2013 and it was one of my favorite gadgets. And it is definitely my favorite iPad Keyboard attachment and I highly recommend it.
See also: The Snugg iPad Case Review
If you enjoyed this, please sign up to receive regular updates: