How often do you leave your home and realize you forgot your keys or smartphone? Or, do you ever misplace your keys or smartphone at home and spend hours searching? At CE Week NYC I was given an iFi Smart Tag to review and found that the iFi Smart Tag solves the problem of lost or forgotten keys or phones.
I always had a great memory and I couldn’t understand how others could constantly forget and misplace things. But lately, as I’m getting older, that great memory is not so good anymore and I can use all the help I can get.
How Do I Set Up the iFi Smart Tag?
The iFi Smart Tag Solves your forgetfulness problem through bluetooth and a smartphone app. You download and install the iFi Smart Tag app and launch it. Then you add your tag – your keys, bag, iPad, etc. Once you have added it to your smartphone, you pair your smartphone to your keys or other tagged item. Attach the accompanying key ring with the iFi Smart Tag to your tagged item and you are set.
How Does the iFi Smart Tag Solve the Misplaced Phone or Keys Problem?
- If you can’t find your smartphone, press the red button on your iFi Smart Tag for two seconds and your phone will sound an alert noise.
- If you can’t find your keys or other tagged device, go to your iFi Smart Tag app and touch “Find Me” on the screen showing your tagged devices (you can have up to 4) and you will hear a beep.
How Does the iFi Smart Tag Solve the Forgotten Phone or Keys Problem?
- If the iFi Smart Tag and your Smartphone are more than about 25-30 feet apart, the Tag will beep and the app will change colors.
- If still separated for over 3 minutes you will receive an email with the location of the paired device.
- There is an option to choose a “safe location” such as your home or office, so that if your keys and phone do wind up over 30 feet apart, the beeping will not occur.
There are a few other things to keep in mind. You must have your Bluetooth and Location settings on for the iFi Smart Tag to work. This means your battery will run down more quickly. You also have to watch for the battery on the Smart Tag. You will get a warning when you are down to 10% but if you ignore it, and it goes down to zero, the iFi will stop working. It is a good idea to turn off the tag when you are home and know where both items are. I learned that the hard way.
The iFi Smart Tag is available for both the iPhone 5, 4S, iPad3, and iPad Mini and for Android 3.2 and higher. I reviewed the iPhone version on my iPhone 5.
Although I haven’t been using the iFi very long, so far I’ve been happy. I love that the Smart Tag is small and does not weigh down my key chain. And I can’t believe that the iFi Smart Tag solves problems that so many people are having every day for such a reasonably low price. I’ve found them on Amazon for as low as low as $22.60 for the Apple version and $34.44 for Android. If you are always forgetting or losing your phone and keys or are like me and becoming more forgetful over the years, you just might have found a solution from iFi.
Full Disclosure: I received a free iFi Smart Tag for review purposes. I was not paid and all opinions are my own.
If you enjoyed this, please sign up to receive regular updates: