Harry Potter fans are going to have even more reason to visit Universal Orlando Resort beginning the summer of 2014. In addition to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, a Diagon Alley Harry Potter Experience will showcase the London side of the Harry Potter books and movies. I had a sneak peek in a press webinar and I can’t wait to go.
The 3 big details to know about the Diagon Alley Harry Potter Experience:
1. There will be a huge recreation of Diagon Alley full of a large variety of stores from the Harry Potter books and films, dining and a revolutionary new attraction.
2. Diagon Alley will be located in Universal Studios, even though the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. That is because Diagon Alley is in London and Hogwarts is in Hogsmeade.
3. You will travel from Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade or vice versa by the Hogwarts Express. Yes, the very same train that Harry Potter and friends used to travel to Hogwarts.
On the press webinar, we got to see Matthew Lewis (Neville), James Phelps (Fred Weasley) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) discussing Diagon Alley after having been given a tour. They all loved it and thought it was more real than the movie sets. They laughed at how the movie sets were just bits and pieces of rooms and everything was hollow. And of course, when asked about his favorite new store, Phelps (Fred Weasly) answered Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
So what else will you find at Diagon Alley in Universal Orlando?
1. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – A multi-dimensional, multi-sensory, thrill ride through Gringotts vaults!
2. Watch out if you happen to turn down Knockturn Alley. That is where the dark arts shop, Borgin and Burkes, stands, and you never know who will be nearby.
3. Stores such as Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Quality Quidditch Supplies and more.
4. Have something to eat and drink at the Leaky Cauldron and then have dessert at Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour.
And in some other news coming from Universal Orlando, they just opened a new on-site hotel, he Cabana Bay Beach Resort. This now makes four on-site hotels, with Cabana Bay being a reasonably priced addition. I highly recommend staying on-site when you visit Universal Orlando as there are many benefits.
Diagon Alley at Universal Studios at Universal Orlando is scheduled to open this summer. For more information to hold you over you can go to the Universal Orlando Harry Potter website.