I can’t even begin to write a full recap or highlights post. All I can say is that my absolute favorite parts of the finale were when the characters remembered and the couples coming together. Sun and Jin, Sayid and Shannon, Claire and Charlie and Sawyer and Juliet. Although we didn’t get answers, we did get a very satisfying, emotional ending that I enjoyed very much.
Best quotes of the Lost Series Finale:
1. Kate: Who died? Desmond: A man named Christian Shepard. Kate: Christian Shepard, seriously?
2. Desmond: No one can tell you why you’re here Kate, certainly not me.. I’m not talking about the church, I’m talking about here… As to what I want, I want to leave.
3. Sawyer: Well Doc, why don’t you come down off the mountain top and tell us what the burning bush had to say for itself.
4. Sawyer: It doesn’t sound like Jacob said anything about anything. Hurley: That’s true dude, he’s worse than Yoda.
5. Sawyer: You all head to the heart of the Island and I’ll get the magic leprechaun out of the well. Sawyer to Kate: I’d ask you along but that would take all the fun out of me telling you you can’t come. Kate: I guess I’ll have to resist the urge to follow you anyway.
6. Jack: I took the job because the Island is all I’ve got left. It’s the only thing in my life I haven’t ruined. Kate: Nothing is irreversible.
7. Ben to MIB: When you said you were going to destroy the Island, I thought you were speaking figuratively.
8. Sun: It’s a girl. Jin: Her name is Je Yeon. Juliet: That’s a lovely name. And for the record, you two speak English just fine.
9. Sawyer to Hurley: Easy big foot, its just me.
10. Jack to Locke before the surgery: I’ll see you on the other side.
11. Miles to Richard: Welcome to the club, you’ve got your first gray hair. Richard: I think I just realized I want to live.
12. Frank: In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a pilot.
13. Locke to Kate after she tries to shoot him: You might want to save your bullets. (Not smart of him to say, since it was her saved bullets that killed him).
14. Locke: So its you. Jack: Yeah, its me. Locke (saying what the audience is thinking): Jacob being who he is, I expected to be surprised. You’re sort of the obvious choice, don’t you think?
15. Jack to Locke: I’m going to kill you. Locke: How do you plan to do that. Jack: Its a surprise. LOL
16. Sayer: So Desmond’s bait? Jack: No, he’s a weapon. Sawyer: That’s a hell of a long con, doc.
17. Desmond: This doesn’t matter. Him destroying the Island, you destroying him. It doesn’t matter.You’re going to lower me into that light, and I’m going to go somewhere else. A place we can be with our loved ones. A place where we never have to think of this dammed place again. And you know the best part Jack, you are in this place. Jack: What happened, happened. All of this matters.
18. Sayid: What are we doing here? Hurley: I’m not allowed to tell you. There are rules dude. Sayid: Whose rules? Hurley: Don’t worry about it, just trust me okay. I trust you. I think you’re a good guy Sayid.
19. Locke: Does this remind you of anything Jack? Desmond going down into a hole in the ground. If there was a button down there to push, we could fight about whether to push it. Just like old times. Jack: You’re not John Locke, you disrespect his memory by wearing his face, but you are nothing like him. It turns out he was right about just about everything. I just wish I could have told him that when he was still alive.
20. Locke: It looks like you were wrong, goodbye Jack. Jack after hitting Locke and drawing blood, showing that he is not invincible anymore: Looks like you were wrong too!
21. Eloise: I thought I told you to stop this. Desmond: You were perfectly clear, I chose to ignore you.
22. Locke about to kill Jack: I want you to know Jack that you died for nothing. Kate: I saved you a bullet!
23. Locke (after surgery and after he remembers): Jack, I hope that somebody does for you what you just did for me.
24. Jack to Kate after MIB dies: I’m fine, just find me some thread and I can count to five.
25. Jack: Kate, you gotta go and get Claire on that plane. Kate: Tell me I’m going to see you again. I love you. Jack: I love you.
26. Kate: I’ll see you at the boat. (They then jump from the cliff into the water. A great Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid moment).
27. Sawyer pushes the G23 button for the apollo candy bar and it doesn’t work so he sticks his hand in. Juliet: Can I help you. Sawyer: Its okay, I’m a cop. Juliet: Maybe you should read the machine its rights. Let me tell you a secret. If you unplug it and plug it back in again, the candy just drops right out. (Same as the plug in the glowing water on the Island). After Juliet hands him the candy he says, Did you feel that. Juliet: We should get coffee some time (just like she said right before she died). As they hug: Juliet, its me babe. I gotcha, I gotcha. Juliet: Kiss me James. Sawyer: You got it blondie! Loved this scene!!!
28. After the concert ends, Kate to Jack: I stole your pen coming out of the bathroom on Oceanic 815. Jack: That’s how I know you? Kate: No, that’s not how you know me. Kate: I’ve missed you so much. Jack: What is happening to me. Who are you? Kate: I know you don’t understand Jack, but if you come with me you will.
29. Hurley to Jack, when he says he is going down to get Desmond alone: No, no way, I’m not going to let you die. Jack: Hurley, I’m already dead. This is what I’m supposed to do. It needs to be you Hugo. If someone has to take care of the Island and protect it, it should be you. I believe in you.
30. Desmond: The light, I put it out. I thought I would leave this place. You were right Jack. Jack: There’s a first time for everything. Ha Jack again: I’ll see you in another life brotha.
31. Richard to Frank on the plane: Miles says we’re good. Frank: You better pray we are Ricky boy because I’m going to spin it around.
32. Miles: Way to wait for the last second Jim. Sawyer: Good to see you to Enos. (The plane taking off with the ground underneath collapsing reminded me exactly of 2012).
33. Ben: I’m very sorry for what I did to you John. I was selfish, jealous, I wanted everything you had. Locke: What did I have. Ben: You were special John and I wasn’t. Locke: Well if it helps Ben, I forgive you. Ben: Thank you John, that does help. It matters more than I can say. Locke: What are you going to do now. Ben: I have some things I need to work out (I’m assuming Danielle and Alex), so I’ll stay here awhile.
34. Hurley: What is my job now, what the hell am I supposed to do. Ben: You do what you do best. Helping people. You can start by getting Desmond home. Hurley: But how, people can’t leave the Island. Ben: That’s how Jacob ran things, maybe there’s another way, a better way. Hurley: will you help me Ben? Ben: I’d be honored. Hurley: Cool.
35: Hurley (off the island to Ben): You know, you were a real good number two. Ben: You were a great number one.
36. Right after all of Jack’s memories come back to him and he see’s his father’s empty coffin, he then see’s Christian and says: I don’t understand, you died. Christian: Yes I did. Jack: Then how are you here right now? Christian: How are you here? Jack, realization coming over him: I died too. Christian: Its okay son. They hug and Jack cries.
37. Christian explains: I’m real, you’re real. Everything that has ever happened to you is real. All the people in the church, they’re all real too. Jack They’re all dead? Christian: Everyone dies sometime. Some of them before you, some of them long after you. Jack: Why are they here now? Christian: There is no now, here. Jack: Where are we now? Christian: This is a place that you all made together so you could find one another. The most important time of your life was when you were with these people. That’s why you are all here. No one does it alone Jack. You needed all of them and they needed you. Jack: For what? Christian: To remember and to let go. Jack: Kate, she said we were leaving. Christian: Not leaving, no, moving on. Jack: Where are we going. Christian: Lets go find out.
Are there any great quotes that I missed. Unfortunately many of the best scenes, those where the characters remember, didn’t involve talking, just wonderful expressions, so I couldn’t include them in this list. I will so miss watching, writing about and discussing Lost. It was a great ride.