As a lover of pop culture, there are certain traditions that I look forward to every December that have nothing to do with holidays. The three things I get excited about in December are award nominations, magazine year-in-review issues and most of all, best of lists for the year.
Since there are so many Best of 2013 lists, in so many categories, I thought I’d help you by sharing some of my favorites. This way you don’t have to scour the Internet like I did.
My Favorite ‘Best of 2013’ Lists
Comprehensive – These are websites that have great lists in every category that I can’t just pick one or two. You need to go to the Best of 2013 section and look through it all.
1. Entertainment Weekly Best of 2013 – It isn’t surprising that my favorite magazine and entertainment website has my favorite year in review pop culture lists.
2. Paste – I discovered Paste online magazine (Signs of life in music, film and culture) a few years ago, and their lists are my favorite feature. The link opens up to their daily lists, but you can tell by the image on the right side of the list which are the Best of 2013. You might decide to click into some of the others anyway, they have such innovative lists.
3. Time – Time has the most comprehensive set of list of any website I’ve seen. In addition to the more common Arts and Entertainment, Pop Culture and Social Media, Biz, Tech and Sports lists; Time also has lists on Health and Society, Politics and News and Science and Space. And their list of lists is very organized.
Individual ‘Best of 2013’ Lists – You probably think you’ve seen enough, but here are a few interesting lists that are a little different.
1. Gizmodo’s Best Books in 2013 – Gizmodo writing about books? It is actually a list of the best books in tech, science, design, architecture, urbanism, food, and more.
3. PopSugar Best of 2013: The Biggest Stories on Social Media – It is really the biggest celebrity stories on social media in 2013.
I think these Best of 2013 lists should keep you busy for a while. If I come across any others that I feel are not to be missed I will add them. Have you seen any Best of 2013 lists you’d like to share. Please add them to the comments.