Each year that I attend the NYC Toy Fair, there seems to be more and more items for teens. I hope that you already saw my post on 12 Great Toys for Teens and Tweens from Toy Fair 2013. Here is my pick of board games for teens and tweens from the 2013 Toy Fair.
1. Opoly Games – Late for The Sky is a company that makes hundreds of variations on the classic Monopoly game. If you want it, chances are you will find it. These are categories of Opolys with an example of each:
- College – MICHIGANOPOLY
- Animal – CAT-OPOLY
- Specialty – These are my favorites so I’ll show you a few – BOOK-OPOLY, GARFIELD-OPOLY, WINE-OPOLY
- Dog Breeds – LAB-OPOLY
- Cities – SAN FRANCISCO-OPOLY
- Kids – ICE CREAM-OPOLY
- What’s new – they are currently adding state and country Opolys.
2. Flip2BFit – This award-winning physical fitness board game is fun for the whole family. No equipment or experience are needed. As each player moves around the board they pick up cards that either have them do an activity, such as “do 7 squat thrusts” or read the card to learn a nutrition fact. The activity cards are divided into strength, cardio or yoga/stretching. What a great way for families to get healthier together.
5. Sequence – The basic Sequence board game has pictures of all the cards from a deck of cards on the board. You are dealt cards, pick one to place a chip on the corresponding card on the board. When you have 5 in a row you win. Combines both strategy and luck, because you learn to block your opponents and there are wild cards. For tweens and up.
What are your favorite board games to play with your teens or tweens? Do you think you will purchase any of these?
If you enjoyed this, please sign up to receive regular updates:
Your email address:
Powered by FeedBlitz