I recently attended a travel event hosted by Kidzvuz, a safe video review sharing site for kids ages 7-12. Heidi Leder, blogger at Coast 2 Coast Mom and Techlicious spoke about her favorite travel apps. She recommended great travel apps that are good for everyone, and others that will appeal to kids, tweens or teens.
Travel Apps for Trip Planning and Organizing:
1. Hotel Tonight – For last minute deals on hotels (Free).
2. Trippy – Share travel plans, ideas and tips with friends (Free).
3. Trip Advisor – Travel reviews (Free).
4. TripIt – Trip organizer. Keep all your plans in one place (Free).
5. Gate Guru – Find everything in the airport, flight status and push notifications about your flight (Free).
6. My TSA – All the information on what you can and can not bring on board, plus security checkpoint wait times and information on the city you are flying to (Free).
7. Pack and Go Packing List – An extensive “To Do”, packing travel checklist and automated tasks reminder system (.99). Deluxe packing list includes more comprehensive information (2.99).
Travel Apps to Use While Traveling:
1. Gas Buddy – Locate gas stations and find the cheapest price around (Free).
2. iExit – Find out what is coming up, such as food, gas and rest areas, at each exit when driving on the Interstate (.99).
3. Sit or Squat – Restroom finder (Free).
Travel Apps for Families
1. Kidzout – Know Where To Go for diaper changing stations, kid-friendly restaurants, parks and play places, and medical facilities wherever you travel (Free).
2. Road-Trip-Bingo – Shake the app to create a bingo card and then watch out the windows for all the things you need to find. Great for families with kids and tweens (.99).
3. License Plate Game – Keeps track of all the states you already found and those you still need (.99).
4. Goby – Recommendations of things to do, events, restaurants and hotels wherever you are at the time (Free).
5. iDiary – Journaling app for kids 5-13. Great for recording their travel adventures.
|Me and Homewood Suites representative|
Hilton Homewood Suites was one of the sponsors of the Kidzvuz travel event and they held a raffle to two nights free at any of their locations plus $100 in traveling money. Guess who won? I did. I can’t wait to stay at a Homewood Suites hotel. Every room is a suite with a kitchen and they will even stock the refrigerator with anything you ask for. There is also free Internet and water!
Have fun this summer if you will be traveling. Try out some of the above apps, and see if there is a Homewood Suites at your destination.