Lost will always be my favorite TV series. It might not be the best, but I will never enjoy another TV show more because it was the first of its kind. Lost was the first multimedia TV series, which made it so much more than just a show to watch. And Lost bonded my teenage sons and I in a way that nothing else ever has. When I read over my 125 favorite Lost Quote from the Lost TV series, it brings back great memories. I still hear the characters voices in my head.
Lost Quotes Season 1
1. Sawyer: “I am a complex guy, sweetheart.”
2. Locke: “This is my destiny! Don’t tell me what I can’t do!”
3. Kate: “It’s just that you… and the tattoos… don’t add up. Were you one of those hardcore spinal surgeons or something?”
Jack: “That’s me. Hardcore.”
Charlie: “If you two are done verbally copulating, we should get a move on.”
4. Sawyer: “Baby, I am tied to a tree in the jungle of mystery. I just got tortured by a damn spinal surgeon and a genuine Iraqi. Of course I’m serious.”
5.Sawyer: “A doctor playing golf. Woo, boy howdy! Now I’ve heard everything. What’s next? A cop eating a doughnut?”
6. Hurley: “So, I had an idea. I’m out here looking for some psycho with Scott and Steve, right. And I’m realizing… who the hell are Scott and Steve?”
7. Boone: “Red shirt. You ever watch Star Trek?”
Locke: “No, not really.”
Boone: “The crew guys that would go down to the planet with the main guys, the captain and the guy with the pointy ears, they always wore red shirts and they always got killed”.
Locke: “Sounds like a piss poor captain.”
8. Charlie: “Hurley, look, I appreciate the help. You don’t have to. I killed Ethan, I can bury him”.
Hurley: “Yeah, ’til he raises from the dead. Dude, I know how this works. This is going to end with you and me running through the jungle… screaming, crying… he catches me first because I’m heavy and I get cramps”.
9. Sun: “My husband is many things. But he is not a liar”.
Sawyer: “You gonna lecture us about lying, Betty? From the look on his face even your old man here didn’t know you speak English!”
10. Hurley to Sayid about Roussea: “She says Hey”.
11. Hurley: “For the record, my belt HAS dropped a notch. I’m a big guy. It’s gonna be a while before you’re going to want to give me a piggy back ride.”
12. Sawyer, after squashing a tree frog in his hand: “Add a little ranch and it’ll taste just like chicken!”
13. Jack,on helping Sawyer, All I’m gonna get is a snappy one-liner, and, if I’m lucky, a brand-new nickname.
14. Locke: “Why would Kate poison Michae”l?
Hurley: “Well, you know, the whole fugitive thing. He doesn’t know? Well how am I supposed to keep straight who knows what around here? I mean, Steve didn’t even know about the polar bear.”
15. Sawyer: “Jack! About a week before we all got on the plane I got to talking to this man in a bar in Sydney. He was American, too. A doctor. I’ve been on some benders in my time, but this guy he was going for an all time record. It turns out this guy has a son his son’s a doctor, too. They had some kind of big time falling out. The guy knew it was his fault even though his son was back in the States thinking the same damn thing. See, kids are like dogs, you knock them around enough they’ll think they did something to deserve it. Anyway, there’s a pay phone in this bar. And this guy, Christian, tells me he wishes he had the stones to pick up the phone, call his kid, tell him he’s sorry, that he’s a better doctor than he’ll ever be he’s proud and he loves him. I had to take off, but something tells me he never got around to making that call. Small world, huh?”
16. Hurley: “You have some…Arzt…on you.”
Lost Quotes Season 2
17. Desmond: “See ya in another life brotha.”
18. Jack, after Kate gets Sawyer to swallow medicine, “That was good. I never learned the whole whisper-in-his-ear thing in medical school.”
19. Hurley: “So Rose’s husband is white. Didn’t see that one coming.”
20. Eko: ‘Don’t mistake coincidence for fate.’
21. Sawyer to Locke after Locke asks why Sawyer called him Mr. Clean: “Ain’t it obvious, all you need is an ear-ring and a mop.”
22. Hurley: “So what do you think is the story with that Libby chick? She’s kind of cute, right? You know, in an I’ve-been-terrorized-by-the-Others-for-forty-days kind of way? I think I have a chance with her. I mean, it’s a classic desert island scenario.’
23. Henry Gale: “Course if I was one of them – these people who you seem to think are your enemies – what would I do? Well, there’d be no balloon. So I’d draw a map to a real secluded place, like a cave or some underbrush, good place for a trap. An ambush. And when your friends got there, a bunch of my people would be waiting for ‘em. Then they’d use them to trade for me. (He Smiles) I guess it’s a good thing I’m not one of them huh?(Jack and Locke stare at Henry) You guys got any milk?”- One of the best Lost quotes ever!
24. Charlie: “Any of you guys see a plane last night?”
Sawyer: “Yeah I saw it Tattoo. I just decided not to tell anyone.”
25. Hurley: “Did either of you see a guy run through here…in a bathrobe…with a coconut?”
Charlie: “No… I saw a polar bear on roller blades with a mango.”
26. Bernard to Eko: “I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick!”
Charlie to Eko: “I like you just the way you are.”
27. Sawyer: “You and Freckles. Before you found him, you all were gone all night.”
Jack: “We were caught in a net.”
Sawyer: “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”
Jack: “It means we got caught in a net.”
Sawyer: “Is that what they’re calling it these days?”
28. Sayid: (about the “foot) “I do not know what is more disquieting—the fact that the rest of the statue is missing, or that it has four toes.”
29. Locke to Eko when the Hatch starts caving in: “I was wrong.”
Lost Quotes Season 3
30. Ben: “So I guess I’m out of the book club.”
31. Charlie: “You’re not taking drugs are you, John? I only ask because of the strict zero tolerance policy you’ve enacted, and I wouldn’t want you to have to start punching yourself in the face.”
32. Sawyer to Ben: “What, don’t you read? It’s from Of Mice and Men. You’d like it. Puppies get killed.”
33. Ben: “Two days after I found out that I had a fatal tumor on my spine, a spinal surgeon fell out of the sky. If that’s not proof of God I don’t know what is.”
34. Desmond: “When I saw the lightning hit the roof you were electrocuted. And when you heard Claire was in the water you — you drowned trying to save her. I dove in myself so you never went in. I’ve tried, brother. I’ve tried twice to save you, but the universe has a way of course correcting and — and I can’t stop it forever. I’m sorry. I’m sorry because no matter what I try to do you’re going to die, Charlie.”
35. Sawyer: “What’s your problem, Jumbotron?”
Hurley: “Shut up… Red… Neck… Man!”
36. Locke: “The Man from Tallahassee? What is that some kind of code?”
Ben: “No John, unfortunately we don’t have a code for ‘there is a man in my closet holding a gun to my daughter’s head’. Although we obviously should.”
37. Locke: “Where do you get electricity?”
Ben: “We have two big hamsters running around in this giant wheel in our secret underground lair.”
38. Ben: “Alex this is your Mother.”
Rousseau to Alex: “Will you help me tie him up?”
Lost Quotes Season 4
39. Kate: “Kinda sucks, huh?”
Jack: “What’s that?”
Kate: “Being told not to come along. Now you know what it feels like to be me.”
Jack: “Does that mean I should wait twenty minutes and go anyway?”
40. Miles: “Where the hell did they go, Tubby?”
Hurley: “Oh, awesome, the ship sent us another Sawyer.”
41. Jack: “You people had therapists?”
Juliet: “It’s very stressful being an Other, Jack.”
42. Ben: “But you’ll understand soon enough that there are consequences to being chosen. Because destiny, John, is a fickle bitch.”
43. Sawyer, talking about John and Jack: “What the hell they talking about in there anyway?”
Hurley: “I don’t know. Leader stuff?”
44. Locke: “Is he talking about what I think he was talking about?”
Ben: “If you mean time traveling bunnies, then yes.”
45. Locke: “Ben, what did you do? You just killed everybody on that boat.”
Lost Quotes Season 5
46. Hurley to Sayid: “Maybe if you ate more comfort food you wouldn’t have to go around shooting people”.
47. Hurley’s mom: “Why is there a dead Pakistani on the living room couch?”
48. Locke: “What does the compass do?”
Alpert: “It points north, Locke.”
49. Sawyer: “Sure, who are we to argue with Taller Ghost Walt”
50. Daniel,about Charlotte: “I am in love with the woman sitting next to me and I would never do anything to hurt her”.
51. Sawyer,after telling Juliet he just saw Kate deliver Claire’s baby,: “Time travel’s a bitch”.
52. Charlotte, on whether she speaks any other languages: “Just Klingon”
53. Sawyer to Locke descending into the well: “what do you expect to find there, a subway?”
54. Miles: “He’s Korean, I’m from Encino”
55. Jack: “How can you read?”
Ben: “My mother taught me.”
56. Lapidus: “We aren’t going to Guam, are we?”
57. Sawyer to Jack: “You just reacted and a lot of people ended up dead. So I’m going to go back to reading a book and thinking”.
58. Sawyer to Kate: “Juliet said that no matter what he’s going to grow up to be, its wrong to let a kid die. So I’m doing this (saving Ben) for her”.
59. Locke to Ben: “Welcome back to the land of the living.”
60. Miles to Hurley: “Ask me some more questions about time travel.”
61. Miles, after Radzinsky pulled a gun on him: “I’m in the circle of trust”
62. Hurley to Miles after Miles tells him that dead people don’t actually talk: “Your just jealous that my power is better than yours”.
63. Hurley: “Dude, That guy is an old Douche.”
Miles: “That douche is my dad”.
64. Hurley: “You guys were in 1954, you mean like Fonzie time?”
65. Young Daniel: “I can make time mom”.
Eliose: “If only you could.”
66. Richard, answering Sun’s question of whether he saw the Dharma Losties in 1974: “I remember well because I watched them Die!”
67. Sawyer to Juliet: “We’ll buy Microsoft and pick the Cowboys in the 78 Super Bowl. We’ll be rich”.
68. Sayid: “If this works you might just save us all; if it doesn’t at least you’ll put us out of our misery”.
69. Richard: “I’m starting to think that John Locke is going to be trouble”.
Ben: “Why do you think I tried to kill him?”
Ben: “I’m a Pisces”.
Lost Quotes Season 6
71. Fake Locke (Flock) to Ben after turning back from the smoke monster: “I’m sorry you had to see me like that”.
72. Flock, after Ben calls him a monster: “Let’s not resort to name calling now”.
73. Helen to Locke: “What are the odds of you just running into a spinal surgeon? Who knows, maybe its destiny”.
74. Sawyer to Flocke: “Locke was scared even when he was pretending he wasn’t. You ain’t scared”.
75. Frank, after they bury Locke and Ben says he is sorry for killing him: “Weirdest damn funeral I’ve ever been to”.
76. Flock: “Jacob had a thing for numbers”.
77. Hurley to Jack, walking to the lighthouse: : “This is cool, very old school, good times“.
78. Miles to Kate about Claire being back – “She’s acting all weird, but still hot, though”.
79. Flocke to Sayid after being stabbed by him – “Now why’d you go and do that? You stabbed me in the chest without even saying hello”.
80. Frank seeing Illana ignoring Ben:“You make friends easily, don’t you?
81. Kate to Flocke he explains Claire’s behavior: “Very observant for a dead guy”. Locke answers, “Nobody’s perfect”.
82. Miles to Illana after she tells her group that Hurley will bring Richard back: “Unless Alpert is covered in bacon grease, I’m not sure Hurley can track anything“.
83. Miles, about Sun: “She hits her head and forgets English. Are we supposed to believe that?”
Frank replies: “Asks the man who converses with the dead“.
84. Daniel: “What if something so catastrophic was about to happen that only a nuclear bomb could prevent it. What if this wasn’t supposed to be our life? What if we had some other life and for some reason we changed things?”
85. Richard, after Hurley blew up the Black Rock: “Why the hell did you do that?“.
Hurley : “I’m protecting you. Michael told me to stop everyone from blowing up the plane.”
Miles “Does that happen a lot, dead people yelling at you?”
Hurley: “Dead people are more reliable than live people“.
86. Hurley to Libby after she tells him about her memories: “It takes a lot of guts to tell someone who you are from some Bizarro Alternate Universe”.
87. Hurley after Sawyer tells him that Sayid has gone to the dark side: “You can bring people back from the dark side, what about Anakin?” Another Star Wars reference from Hurley.
88. Jack (sounding a lot like the old Locke) : “It doesn’t feel right leaving the Island. We were brought here because we were supposed to do something. If he wants us to leave, maybe he’s scared of what will happen if we stay. The Island is not done with us yet“.
89. Flocke greets Jack when he arrives on shore with: “Nice day for a swim. Sawyer took my boat, didn’t he?“
90. MIB, when Mother found him with the game: “Jacob told you what I found?“.
Mother:“Of course he did, he doesn’t know how to lie. He’s not like you. You’re special“.
91. Mother: “They come to fight, destroy, corrupt and it always ends the same. I made it so that you can never hurt each other“.
92. Alex to Ben: “Why would someone try to hurt you. You’re like the nicest guy ever”. After inviting him to dinner,
Danielle adds: “We insist, even if we have to kidnap you“.
93. Locke using a favorite Lost line when he speaks to Jack about surgery: “Maybe this is happening for a reason. Maybe you are supposed to fix me“.
Jack replied with another heavily used Lost line: “Mr. Locke, maybe you are mistaking coincidence for fate“.
94. Miles after Ben says that he can find the New Otherton house because he lived there a long time: “Well I lived in these houses 30 years before you did, otherwise known as last week, and I have no idea where the hell we are“.
95. Sawyer, after Jack volunteered to take over Jacob’s job: “And I thought that guy had a god complex before”.
Lost Quotes Series Finale
96. Sawyer: “Well Doc, why don’t you come down off the mountain top and tell us what the burning bush had to say for itself.”
97. Sawyer: “It doesn’t sound like Jacob said anything about anything.”
Hurley: “That’s true dude, he’s worse than Yoda.”
98. Sawyer: “You all head to the heart of the Island and I’ll get the magic leprechaun out of the well.”
Sawyer to Kate: “I’d ask you along but that would take all the fun out of me telling you that you can’t come.”
Kate: “I guess I’ll have to resist the urge to follow you anyway.”
99. Jack: “I took the job because the Island is all I’ve got left. It’s the only thing in my life I haven’t ruined.”
Kate: “Nothing is irreversible.”
100. Ben to Flock: “When you said you were going to destroy the Island, I thought you were speaking figuratively.”
101. Sun: “It’s a girl”.
Jin: “Her name is Je Yeon”.
Juliet: “That’s a lovely name. And for the record, you two speak English just fine.”
102. Sawyer to Hurley: “Easy big foot, it’s just me.”
103. Jack to Locke before the surgery: “I’ll see you on the other side.”
104. Miles to Richard: “Welcome to the club, you’ve got your first gray hair.”
Richard: “I think I just realized I want to live.”
105. Frank: “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a pilot.”
106. Locke to Kate after she tries to shoot him: “You might want to save your bullets”.
107. Flocke: “So its you.”
Jack: “Yeah, its me.”
Flocke: “Jacob being who he is, I expected to be surprised. You’re sort of the obvious choice, don’t you think?”
108. Jack to Flocke: “I’m going to kill you”.
Flocke: “How do you plan to do that”. Jack: “It’s a surprise”.
109. Sayer: “So Desmond’s bait?”
Jack: “No, he’s a weapon.”
Sawyer: “That’s a hell of a long con, doc”.
110. Desmond: “This doesn’t matter. Him destroying the Island, you destroying him. It doesn’t matter.You’re going to lower me into that light, and I’m going to go somewhere else. A place we can be with our loved ones. A place where we never have to think of this damned place again. And you know the best part Jack, you are in this place.”
Jack: “What happened, happened. All of this matters.”
111. Sayid: “What are we doing here?”
Hurley: “I’m not allowed to tell you. There are rules dude.”
Sayid: “Whose rules?”
Hurley: “Don’t worry about it, just trust me okay. I trust you. I think you’re a good guy Sayid.”
112. Flocke: “Does this remind you of anything Jack? Desmond going down into a hole in the ground. If there was a button down there to push, we could fight about whether to push it. Just like old times”.
Jack: “You’re not John Locke, you disrespect his memory by wearing his face, but you are nothing like him. It turns out he was right about just about everything. I just wish I could have told him that when he was still alive.”
113. Flocke: “It looks like you were wrong, goodbye Jack”. Jack after hitting Locke and drawing blood, showing that he is not invincible anymore: “Looks like you were wrong too!”
114. Eloise: “I thought I told you to stop this”.
Desmond: “You were perfectly clear, I chose to ignore you.”
115. Flocke about to kill Jack: “I want you to know Jack that you died for nothing”.
Kate: “I saved you a bullet!”
116. Jack to Kate after the Man in Black is dead: “I’m fine, just find me some thread and I can count to five.” (From their first meeting)
117. Juliet to Sawyer when he has trouble getting an Apollo candy bar from the hospital vending machine: “Can I help you?”
Sawyer: “Its okay, I’m a cop.”
Juliet: “Maybe you should read the machine its rights. Let me tell you a secret. If you unplug it and plug it back in again, the candy just drops right out.” After Juliet hands James the candy
Sawyer says: “Did you feel that?”
Juliet: “We should get coffee sometime”. (just like she said right before she died). Juliet: “Kiss me James”.
Sawyer: “You got it Blondie!” One of my favorite Lost finale scenes.
118. Desmond: “The light, I put it out. I thought I would leave this place. You were right Jack.”
Jack: “There’s a first time for everything. I’ll see you in another life brotha.”
119. Richard to Frank on the plane: “Miles says we’re good.”
Frank: “You better pray we are Ricky boy because I’m going to spin it around.”
120. Miles: “Way to wait for the last second Jim.” Sawyer: “Good to see you to Enos.”
121. Ben: “I’m very sorry for what I did to you John. I was selfish, jealous, I wanted everything you had”.
Locke: “What did I have.
Ben: You were special, John, and I wasn’t.”
Locke: Well if it helps, Ben, I forgive you”.
Ben: “Thank you John, that does help. It matters more than I can say.”
Locke: “What are you going to do now.”
Ben: “I have some things I need to work out (I’m assuming Danielle and Alex), so I’ll stay here awhile.”
122. Hurley: “What is my job now, what the hell am I supposed to do”.
Ben: “You do what you do best. Helping people. You can start by getting Desmond home”.
Hurley: “But how, people can’t leave the Island”.
Ben: “That’s how Jacob ran things, maybe there’s another way, a better way”.
Hurley: “Will you help me Ben?”
Ben: “I’d be honored”.
123: Hurley (off the island to Ben): You know, you were a real good number two.
Ben: You were a great number one.
124. Jack, when his memories come back and he see’s Christian: “I don’t understand, you died.”
Christian: “Yes I did”.
Jack: “Then how are you here right now?”
Christian: “How are you here?”
Jack, realization coming over him: “I died too”.
Christian: “It’s okay son.” They hug and Jack cries.
125. Christian explains: “I’m real, you’re real. Everything that has ever happened to you is real. All the people in the church, they’re all real too.” Jack: “They’re all dead?” Christian: “Everyone dies sometime. Some of them before you, some of them long after you.” Jack: “Why are they here now?” Christian: “There is no now, here”. Jack: “Where are we now?” Christian: “This is a place that you all made together so you could find one another. The most important time of your life was when you were with these people. That’s why you are all here. No one does it alone Jack. You needed all of them and they needed you.” Jack: “For what?” Christian: “To remember and to let go”. Jack: “Kate, she said we were leaving.” Christian: “Not leaving, no, moving on”. Jack: “Where are we going.” Christian: Lets go find out. (For those that did not understand the Lost series finale, this is the best explanation!)
Here’s to Lost! There will never be another television series like it because it was the first of its kind!
See also: Lost TV Cast: Where Are They Now?